Epilepsy And Ayurveda – Therapy Aids To Handle The Three Humors
Epilepsy in ayurveda is described as spastic convulsion attacks. With each and every seizure or paroxysmal the patient loses or damages a section of their memory. For that reason it is termed as ‘Apasmaara’ in ayurveda.
Epilepsy And Ayurveda – Elements Causing the Ailment
There are five sorts of wind that are responsible for a living creature to exist and move. In ayurveda, the air we breathe in is named Prana, which enables the living beings to move. From there it passes via the physique as Vyana that is responsible to push forward and then moving downwards is termed as Apana. The air that exists in the heart is named Samana and Udana is the one that belches or eructates. This is accountable for speech that shoots out through the lungs, throat and mouth.
When the Prana and Udana are vitiated with pitta then the kapha enters the nervous program and is carried to the brain. Therefore, the rajas and the tamas nature are disturbed and cause damages. Epilepsy can also be due to genetic factors. The other two prime elements are Intracranial and Extracranial causes.
· Intracranial sources contain the improved intracranial stress since of tumor, meningitis, hydrocephalous, trauma, hemorrhage, vascular abnormalities, degenerative issues and other provocative brain circumstances.
· Extracranial causes include endogenous causes, anoxia, toxins and metabolic as properly as endocrine disorders.
Epilepsy and ayurveda study has divided the symptoms into the imbalance of the 3 dosh vata, pitta along with kapha. At the time of convulsion the patient becomes cataleptic and there are shuddering movements of legs and arms. Moreover, grinding of teeth, crying, moaning and hearing of imaginary factors also happen. They may possibly even urinate or defecate and there can be foam in the mouth.
· In vata disturbance there is typically loss of awareness and they speedily get back to typical. Throughout attacks there can be bulging of eyes, stiffness, moaning and visualizing unreal factors.
· In pitta imbalance, at the time of spasm the face, eyes, skin and nails can turn into greenish, yellowish and blood stained. When the patient regains their consciousness there is a burning sensation.
· In kapha dosh the regaining of consciousness takes really lengthy. Due to unconsciousness the patient fall down and there is a lot of salivation from the mouth in the type of froth. These signs and attacks always occur for the duration of new moon and full moon day.
Epilepsy and ayurveda suggests a nasal instillation using pungent herbal powder during seizures that aids to regain consciousness. It is known as ‘Pradhamana Nasya’ in ayurveda. The herbal powder is created from natural herbs like acasia concina and acorus calamus that are utilized in powdered type for this explanation. In the same way, collyrium merged with other herbs that irritates the eyes is formed to be applied in the eyes. Proper heed need to be taken to prevent the patient from biting his tongue throughout fits.
Following the fits make an attempt to locate the result in for treating this primary supply and if it is unable to be detected then improve the satva and treatment of the disturbed dosha. It is advisable that the patient must be conscious of these effects of seizure and take additional care simply because these fits can come about anytime and at anyplace.
Sree Narayana Institute of Ayurvedic Research and Study was established in the year 2004 by Sree Narayana Well being Care Society. It is a registered charitable society constituted by a group of social workers, educationalists and devotees of Sree Narayana Guru. Sree Narayana Guru, a nicely respected and devoted figure was a saint, social reformer and educationalist. Above all, he was an Ayurvedic doctor. The objective of the society is to impart high quality education, analysis and therapy in Ayurveda, traditional system of medicine and remedy. Far more info please pay a visit to – http://www.snayurveda.com/